BCN UW Festival together with the Museu Marítim of Barcelona have inaugurated an International Exhibition titled “Underwater Cameras: The Challenge of Photographing Underwater”, which is actually on display at the Maritime Museum in Barcelona until April 2015.
As a complement to the largest exhibition of Underwater Cameras ever put together, BCN UW Festival have prepared different activities from October 2014 until March 2015 with the considerable and crucial support of the Barcelona Maritime Museum (BMM).
In this series of satellite events that will be held during that period, other supporters are: the Aquarium of Barcelona; the Catalan Federation Underwater Activities (FECDAS); l’Institut de Ciències del Mar; the Spanish Historical Diving Society (HDSES); the German Historical Diving Society (HDS-DE); the Hans Hass Foundation, the Fundació Navegació Oceànica Barcelona, the Barcelona World Race, the IInd International Ocean Research Conference-Barcelona 2014 and the Catalonian Federation for Maritime and River Culture and Heritage (FCCPMF).
With this focus, the first event, has been structured with the following activities under different topic headings over the course of this exhibition:
- Round Tables & Workshops on Underwater Imaging by some of the most important specialists. From 15th to 23th November 2014.
- II International Meeting on Vintage Underwater Cameras. (Friday 21st November de 2014, from 10h to 13h and from 15h to18h. Barcelona Maritime Museum-BMM- Assembly Hall)
- Sessions on the pioneers of Underwater Photography. (Octubre 2014 to March 2015, BMM Assembly Hall)
- “Mostra” on Underwater Images for protection of the UW Environment (BCN UW Fest):
- Underwater Photographic Exhibition: The MontPhoto iconographic archives: Coastal and underwater photographs from MontPhoto winning competitions. (From 15th to 24th November 2014, Exhibition Hall of the Maritime Museum Barcelona)
- “Mostra” on Underwater Movie Films and Video. (From 22nd to 23th November 2014, 10h to 20h. BMM Assembly Hall & Aquarium de Barcelona Assembly Hall)
- BCN UW Forum:
- Divulgative Talks on UW Environment for the general audience, by some of the most important specialists in their different fields. (From 24th to 27th November, 18:00 to 20:00, BMM Assembly Hall)
- Meetings of the Spanish Historical Diving Society (HDSES). ( 21st and 22nd November 2014, BMM Assembly Hall & Aquarium de Barcelona Assembly Hall)